Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Sephora shipping internationally, including UK!!!

So I think every beauty obsessed person in the UK was happy to learn that Sephora started shipping internationally including the green gables of England!

I know I certainly was excited as this means I don't have to bother my friend in America any more to buy some things on my behalf!

But before we count our chickens here is a few things to consider and take into account, the stuff that isn't clearly stated on the website!

So not only there is a restriction on items considered ''hazardous'', which I kind of understand for obvious reasons (there have been restrictions applied by Royal Mail as well not too long ago!), but what really shocked me is that not all the brands are available to purchase...
It is a slight disappointment as for example I wanted to try some products from Josie Maran or Tarte and at the end of the checkout it told me that those were not available for me to purchase:/

After just about getting over this little disappointment, I then discovered that the ''flat'' shipping charge was excluding tax charges!


So I think it is slightly deceiving to say the least. I also wonder if you need to pay any custom charges as recently after receiving a package from the US I was asked to pay almost £20 for custom charges and admin fees!!!! I am most certain that the person from FedEx told me that if the package exceeds certain value amount the fees do indeed apply. 

I'm not sure if all that hassle and extra hidden charges are worth the effort and all that money. I am having second thoughts about it. I might as well save my cash and spend it on luxurious items that are available here. 

Let's not forget that even though stock might be very limited some of those products are available online in the UK.

What do you think about it all? 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment