Pages

Friday 7 September 2012

Mirror Nails

Today I am going to write a little bit about nails, specifically nail polish because I love buying different colours and having my nails painted! As a mum, who has put a few pounds since the baby was born this is something that makes me feel good and gives me a bit more of confidence, even if I'm not wearing any make up:P

 My favourite colour has to be deep red and purple pink but as soon as minx nails have come out with their silver chrome foils I became obsessed! I mean, how cool does it look!!?? I went to the salon to have them done but then changed my mind after hearing they only last a week or so that is if you have a child! I knew it wouldn't be for me, I hate chipped or damaged nail polish/ foils!



                                                                 Those are nail foils!




So my search began for a close enough effect nail polish. I've looked all over the web, ebay, little shops etc. and stumbled across a Chanel silver chrome nail polish. It looks gorgeous, however not only it was sold out everywhere, ebay prices for it were astronomical!



So I looked some more and ended up on a beauty forum. There people were saying how amazing Maybelline Mirror Image is. I had to get it! I found this little online shop that looked like it hasn't been updated in ages, but I thought it was worth a risk.
A few days later my Mirror image came and my gosh was I happy with the effect??!!! YES!
After testing other brands I can say that Mirror Image is as good as it gets! I think it is something to do with their base coat which evens the surface of a nail, but anyway, every time I've got it on there are lots of people commenting how good it looks!

This is a picture from my phone so it doesn't do the polish it's justice!


                                              Do you have any cool/ favourite nail polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment